Why We’re Looking
Are you an experienced Product Manager looking to take the next step in your career?
We are looking for a multi-skilled, talented product leader who is willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard to help grow the business at this exciting time in our startup journey. If this sounds like you, please read on…
At interVal, we have created the first interactive business valuation software, analyzing financial data in seconds to deliver real value in real time. We provide business owners and financial institutions instant analysis on financial data, allowing for data-driven decisions to guide the future of the business. Our growing business is building technology to change the way our industry works, and we’re focused on constantly coming up with new ideas and better ways to serve our clients. Our days typically involve close collaboration in our (currently) remote team environment, fun team chats, and lots (and lots) of coffee.
Who We Are
interVal began its journey as EKSiT Inc. almost ten years ago, helping business owners prepare for and execute an exit from their business. About three years ago, we explored how creating a custom software could make life easier for everyone – but we were relying on business owners being ready for their exit. In the last year, it’s become obvious to us that there is a big need out there for business owners and their advisors – and what they need is very similar to what we were providing before – but they need it earlier, and much, much faster.
We became interVal because we needed to shift the time of the conversation to a point where the business owner can actually impact the decisions they make with the powerful data that our software provides. The tools we are developing will allow for the real-time tracking of the value of a business, instead of business owners and their advisors using potentially months-old data to make critical business decisions. We are growing, and we are innovating – and we are having lots of fun doing it!
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a highly collaborative Product Manager who believes that successful product teams are also empowered product teams.
This position will include the following core responsibilities:
- Developing domain knowledge in our industry, getting to know our users and the various market segments that we partner with
- Understanding and informing the data that we collect and how it can be used to shape the future of our product offering
- Understanding our core business and how the product can continually generate value for the organization
- Managing product discovery processes and techniques such as impact/opportunity mapping, design sprints, customer journey mapping, service blueprinting, wireframe and prototype validation, knowing the why, and defining the measures of product success
- Ensuring that each product or feature interVal creates is feasible (can we build it), viable (is it good for our business), desirable (will customers use it) and ethical (is it helpful)
- Managing product delivery techniques rooted in agile software development principles such as User Story Mapping, Scrum or Kanban
- Collaborating with Product Marketing to develop go-to-market strategies for new products and features
- Product team collaboration and facilitation (working closely with Product Designers and Developers)
- Collaborating with executive stakeholders to communicate the strategy and vision for the product
- Evangelising and managing product advisory councils that include multiple market segments, personas, and business types, and incorporating that feedback into the product management process
Your Skills and Experience
Even if you don’t have all competencies and experiences below, we would still love to hear from you! We recognize that skills can be transferable, and in our environment of collaboration and diversity, we know that people will grow and evolve.
- 3+ years of industry experience in fast-paced product or development environments, creating engaging experiences for mass consumption on a global scale
- Ability to balance strategic goal setting with tactical delivery activities
- Scale-up or early stage startup product team experience is a bonus
- Ability to work collaboratively with Product Designers and Developers including an ability to speak the language of product or UX design, technology, and development at a high level
- Ability to work with task tracking product management software and research tools such as Notion or Jira/Confluence (we use Notion)
- Effective communication skills and the ability to explain complex systems in easy-to-understand terminology
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data and insights and synthesize into an actionable product strategy
- Lateral leadership skills: the ability to influence others without a direct reporting relationship
If you’re looking for an opportunity to impact the discovery and delivery of our software, be challenged to provide your unique insight and think creatively to grow with our company – we want to talk to you!
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
interVal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. If you require accommodation for any part of the hiring process, we will make any reasonable adjustments that are required to enable you to be considered for the position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.